silicon carbide/ carborundum granules and powder
Silicon carbide can also be called SiC. There are black silicon carbide and green silicon carbide. According to the shape, there are silicon carbide blocks and silicon carbide powder.
The common method is to mix quartz sand with coke, use the silica and petroleum coke, add wood chips, put it into an electric furnace, heat it to a high temperature of about 2000 °C, and obtain silicon carbide after various chemical processes. To green silicon carbide, add salt.
Silicon Carbide is widely used in the fields of Abrasive,Grinding, Metallurgy, Refractory, Ceramics, Petroleum, Chemical, Microelectronics, Automobile and Aerospace and so on.
The main field of application:
1. Nonferrous metal Smelting industry.
2. Steel line using
3. Energy-saving line
4. Instead of fe-si for smelting steel,not only can remove Oxygen，but also can raise the temperature of molten steel.
5. Lining of high furnace to improve furnace age.
6. Stemming,downspouting and all kinds refractory brick of high furnace.
7. Iining of Electric tank of Electrolytic Aluminium or total tank body made by sic.
8. Silicon carbide ceramics is made by high quality sic fine powder，firing several wearproof,acid- resisting and high temperature resistance parts.
9. Filling up material for high way and airport runway to make road surface skidding resistance and wear meanwhile improving using age.
10. High purity material can be used in producing Seni-conductor,Sic fabrics and so on.