Force Monitoring System
The holding force of a clamping device during mechanical tooling is of special importance. It is relevant for tooling quality, but also for the safety of the operator, the workpiece and the machine tool. Especially during the tooling of bigger components with multi-day clamping and numerous shift changes, the monitoring of clamping forces via constant data transfer is safety-relevant.
All currently available monitoring systems, no matter whether dynamic or static, cannot capture the readings of the actual clamping situation. With the intelligent clamping jaw FMS from JAKOB the customer receives a reliable and easy-to-use monitoring system, that constantly transmits the current clamping forces of all jaws telemetrically. The readings can be transmitted to the included portable device, to a laptop, or directly to machine control.
If the clamping force during tooling sinks below a threshold set by the customer, a signal is immediately generated, which can be used for emergency shutdown by machine control.Functions of the monitoring system:
Advantages of using the FMS:
- robust strain gauge load cell measures the clamping force with high accuracy
- clamping force readings are sent to a evaluation and sending unit
- readings are sent to the portable device, laptop, or machine control wirelessly (WLAN 2,4 GHz)
- the readings are evaluated and displayed on the portable device
- portable device runs on rechargeable battery which can be recharged using the docking station
- monitoring of clamping force during machine set-up
- monitoring of clamping force during processing
- no downtime due to clamping force checking
- higher operational safety due to alert in case of clamping force loss
- higher operational safety during long-term processing
- flexibility thanks to wireless transmission of data